Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Copy Edit the World #10

NY Times:

While it has been previously reported in the NY Times that John McCain really, really, really, really wanted Joe Lieberman to be his running mate and had to be talked out of it because conservatives were grumbling, it's now clear that Steve Schmidt not only did the talking down but also pushed the selection of Sarah Palin, according to the LA Times. Who would've thought that a woman with less than 2 years as a governor, 8 as a mayor and less than a year in a political patronage position could have so much baggage? From a pregnant underage daughter to firing scandals reminiscent of the ones the GOP tried to tar the Clintons with not too long ago (Travelgate, anyone) to rape kits, few people would disagree that the campaign couldn't used just a little bit more time and expended a lot more effort on the vetting process.

"Couldn't" should be "could have".

P.S. I know I probably have way more "Copy edit the world" than I need but I found this document that I had been keeping while reading articles with all of these juicy ones in it. I had totally forgotten that I had been saving these! Plus I live so far away from the extra credit...hehe just kidding!

4 comments:

camccune said...

Unfortunately, Copy Edit the World points don't add up as quickly for newspaper and online news stories (2 point each) as they do for errors found in other places ( such as the sign, worth 4 points). So you don't have as many points as you'd hoped: 22/25.

camccune said...

Oops, I take back that previous comment. I missed some of your earlier Copy Edit the World posts (including the delightful "hugh" series), so you do have more than enough points...in fact, you end up with 9 points extra credit.

Good eye! Good work.

Lauren Marcus and Jason Freeman said...

Did you see the ones that I have from before? I have three copy edit the worlds That's funny, because I counted 30. Hmm what are I counting wrong? Wait! It looks like you found them! I think we are on here at the same time. :)

Lauren Marcus and Jason Freeman said...

Oh good! The East Bay has just been full or hugh errors! haha That was dumb.