Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Overwhelmed much?

A WARNING:
So...who reads this blog anyway? My journalism professor, maybe some other student(s), my partner (okay only the one time when I demanded that he see for himself how damn funny I am in blog form!), and apparently some guy with ties to the aviation industry. So, with that said, read this at your own discretion, it is a very self-involved post. Writing all of this down just makes me feel so much damn better!

The idiom "when it rains, it pours" is my mantra, no really. I know a lot of people exaggerate when it comes to this expression, but I believe that it truly applies to my life. Case in point:

Events in my life the past two weeks in no particular order:

1. Studied for and took the GRE
2. Same week had two exams and one quiz
3. Found out I might have cancer
4. Had a biopsy for said maybe cancer (worst experience of my life so far)
6. Waited over two weeks for the results!!
7. Had phone interviews with potential professors for PhD programs
8. Campaigning for 'No on 8'
9. Flying to Nevada to campaign for Obama through election day
10. Power went out three times in two days!!
11. In a completely unrelated event, Internet was turned off for an entire day right after the power came back on!

If anyone is still reading at this point, you know what? It sure ain't that bad when I write it all out...no really, I'm not being facetious! And it ain't all bad of course! Many exiting things happening!

Also I must say that it sure beats last year at this time when my 60-year-old mother was shipped off to Iraq, my 60-something father got in a car accident and then became ill later that same month, and I was in over my head with school work. I'm sure there was more but then I just start to look pathetic.

Oh yeah, and I don't have cancer! Probably an important follow-up statement.

1 comment:

camccune said...

Whew! And I've been feeling stressed lately too...but this makes me feel like a whimp!

Anyway, one of your "few readers" is glad to hear your biopsy results came back negative.

Good luck in Nevada!